Useful Numbers & Resources
Please find below a list of numbers that may be handy whilst school is closed.
Children's Social Care: 0300 303 0440
If a child is at risk of immediate harm, please ring 999.
#THRIVE - Emotional Health and Wellbeing Support - 0161 716 2844
#Thrive is for children and young people aged up to 19 years who are experiencing emotional health and wellbeing issues such as feeling stressed, worried or not enjoying things.
Paediatric Nurse Practitioners
We provide care and treatment for children and young people (aged from birth to 19 years) who have a minor illness.
We offer clinics Monday to Friday, from 9am to 6pm, at:
- Callaghan House in Heywood
- Whitehall Street in Rochdale
- Langley Clinic, Middleton
If you can't get a same day, or next day, appointment with your child's GP, you can contact us, or you can ask any health professional to make a referral on your behalf.
Tel: 01706 676 777
Rochdale Foodbank - 01706 713701
From Monday 23rd March Rochdale Foodbank will only Monday - Friday 12noon -1pm. We are unsure how long these hours will be in operation but will of course keep you informed.
Clients will be given slightly less food than usual as we do not know how many calls we will have on our services and how many donations we can expect over the coming months.
8 South Parade
Greater Manchester Urgent Dental Care - 0333 332 3800
Opening time: 8am - 10pm 7 days a week.
Freephone 0800 027 7769 - one call, one number for all RBH services.
- Report a repair - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Customer enquiries - email@example.com
- Complaints, comments compliments - firstname.lastname@example.org
The Bond Board - 01706 342404
The Bond Board is a registered charity that has an impact on homelessness and the wellbeing of homeless and vulnerable private rented sector households.
They assist people who are homeless or threatened with losing their home to access private rented accommodation and maintain their tenancy.
Thinking Ahead for Mental Health Difficulties in Adults - 01706 751180
We have a team of professionals, including advisors and therapists, who will help you overcome difficulties or manage them better. We are friendly and approachable, and will make sure that you see the right person for your situation. We offer easy access to support in the local community and a range of proven therapies, including counselling, cognitive behavioural therapy, or guided online therapy.
Kooth.com - online support for young people
Kooth is a web based confidential support service available to young people. Kooth provides a safe and secure means of accessing mental health and wellbeing support designed specifically for young people.
Kooth offers young people the opportunity to have a text-based conversation with a qualified counsellor. Counsellors are available from 12noon to 10pm on weekdays and 6pm to 10 pm at weekends, every day of the year on a drop-in basis. Young people can access regular booked online counselling sessions as needed. Outside counselling hours’ young people can message our team and get support by the next day.
When young people register with Kooth they will have support available to them now and in the future. Support can be gained not only through counselling but articles, forums and discussion boards. All content is age-appropriate, clinically approved and fully moderated.
To find out more visit www.Kooth.com where young people can register and others can find out more about the service.
You can also view a short video about the service at: https://vimeo.com/318731977/a9f32c87de.
Domestic Abuse Support During Closures
- Rochdale Victim Support: Support for male and female victims, currently offering telephone support including safety planning: Call 07944 665 212 or email email@example.com
- Safenet: Refuge (women only) and Outreach support (men and women). Accepting referrals to both services, currently offering telephone support and safety planning for outreach: to refer call 0300 303 3581
- Rochdale Connections Trust: Support for victims, children and male perpetrators who want to address their behaviour), group-work cancelled, office open and accepting referrals: call 01706 345 111
- Rochdale Women’s Welfare: Office currently closed – will be reviewed next week
- Greater Manchester Domestic Abuse Helpline: Mon – Fri 10am – 4pm 0161 636 7525
ONLINE AND APPS:
- Women’s Aid: Online chat service https://www.womensaid.org.uk/
- The Hide Out: A space to help children and young people understand domestic abuse. https://thehideout.org.uk/
- Victim Support: Live Chat: Online chat service for victims of crime in Greater Manchester. https://www.victimsupport.org.uk/help-and-support/get-help/support-near-you/live-chat
- Hollieguard: A personal safety app https://hollieguard.com/
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 24 hour helpline 0808 2000 247
- Karma Nirvana-Honour Network Helpline: For forced marriage and “honour” based abuse 0800 599 9247
- Broken Rainbow: helpline for lesbian, gay, bi-sexual and trans victims 0300 999 5428
- Men’s Advice Line: helpline for male victims 0808 801 0327
- Respect: National helpline for perpetrators who want to change their behaviour 0808 802 4040
- Childline: Helpline for children and young people 0800 1111